This logo is not yet a label, but represents our commitment to:
- Respect the rules of fair trade in our relationship with producers
- Ask the authorization of autochthonous organizations to work on their territories and with their plants
- Return 4% of our turnover to finance projects for preservation of cultures and biodiversity
- Not register any patent related to plants
- Permit our activities in the field to be inspected by representatives of the autochthonous organizations
What's biopiracy ?
Biopiracy is the appropriation by certain institutions (laboratories, businesses, or academic institutes) of the traditional knowledge, biodiversity, and resources of indigenous peoples without their consent, particularly through patents.